HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How can I get her to understand?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 11:50 AM
bigpapa
Typical Buck

Default RE: How can I get her to understand?

I don't want it to sound like I'm not al about my kid's. I usually do what I can to make my hunting around their schedule. This will be the first time I have ever gotten a place to hunt that is not within 30 minutes of the house. Until now all my hunting has been morning or evening hunts. (about 3 hours max any given day). I'm really looking for a place where I can go for a few weekends a year (once or twice deer season, once or twice turkey season) just to "go to hunting camp". I don't want to sound strange but it will be a REAL DEER TURKEY CAMP. The land is out in the middle of NOWHERE. Your roughing it you don't just run home when you get hungry. Your there to relax and hunt. When my dad went to deer camp it was like that. He was gone for a few days. I'd ask where he was. Mom would say "he's at deer camp" and I couldn't wait until I was old enough for him to take me. (unfortunately his health got bad so he didn't get the chance. But I want that for my kids) No t.v. no phone the way hunting should be. I want to have it established before my son and daughter get older so when they grow up its just part of our family year. For example the day after thanksgiving girls go shopping boys go to deer camp for two days. Ya know start the tradition. I don't think I'm gonna find an offer like this ever again and I need to get in now.