HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkeys we have named
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2003, 06:54 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Turkeys we have named

same gobbler would come through the area at about 8:30am every morning...after hunting other birds in the area we would set up and wait for this guy....hed come with a bunch of hens and always do what you think a turkey would never do...once my dad was like make sure you can see the trail above to the left..a big 15ft wide clear grass trail that you can see a ways on and a field at the bottom...i was like i cant see it...hes like ahhhh no turkey will come up there with the pressure of the season anyways...whats the bird do...come right on that trail!! i could hear his fan clicking as he was strutting...he was withing 10ft of me looking down on us but i couldnt move at all...he got away that day...other days he came through the thickest stuff he could find that youd think a turkey wouldnt fit in!!! every time we hunted him he was within range..but never would he give a half decint shot...hed sneak around through the thick stuff just blocking a shot...and sneak out after he was sure there wasnt ANOTHER hen in there....i named him many things that i cant say on this board lol...i never did take that bird...he was the king of the woods too...i seen his rope once..to say it was dragging on the ground is an understatment...long paintbrush beard...i seen my dads 10+ inchers and none looked like this one..but hey...thats hunting....he sure was a pimp..one of that names i can say...sure was fun hunting him....