HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ammo for H&R Ultra Slug Hunter??
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
MichiganWhitetails74
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ammo for H&R Ultra Slug Hunter??

The heavy bull barrel eats up the recoil...its smooth...

Hey guys....don't get me wrong the 213 yard shot with the sst's isn't an everyday shot...lets just say I could hear the bullet hit the deer quite clearly at that distance....

I'll tell you this though...I flipped an 8 pt at 168 yards with it like it was in my lap.....The H&R's are hungry for those 150 yard shots....youhave to site for zero @ 150 yards though...I never have to aim differently really at 50-100 yards...I just go 4 inches up from the belly and behind the shoulder at close range and it usually busts them mid to upper body behind the shoulder which almost always results in a drop in the tracks type of shot...

However - If you're a Zero @ 100 yards guy then just hold about 3-4 inches below the spine at 150 yards.....with a range finder I have learned alot about my H&R.....If you're going tobe confident and you want percision shots out to 150 yards and beyond...you have to have the range finder....you owe it to the animal....love this topic..!!! You guys got me going...I do not find much H&R talk on here!