HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Grouping ??
Thread: Grouping ??
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 06:15 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Grouping ??

John I have the same issue. I simply attribute mine to being a novice. I haven't been shooting a BOW long enough.....much less a bow at targets.....to know when I'm "on" or "off". I had a trend a week or so ago of hitting low/left. I wore out the bottom of the 10 ring....but the entire top was pristine. Can't explain it.

One thing I've done is try to approach shooting like I did golf. I know from my golf days that little things......even what I EAT will affect my body's performance on a given day. I'm trying to lay off the caffeine.....and I watch what I eat if I know I'm going to be shooting, soon (as in what I had prior to Satruday's 3D shoot).

I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my new bow, next week, and seeing how a shorter draw affects my shooting. I'm only shortening up 1/2".......but we'll see.

To me....the really fun days are the ones in which I see I don't have my "A" game....(correlating back to golf, again)....but I still manage a good score. THAT is fun.

I agree with Mobo, though. I had a peep issue that threw off my shots, Saturday for a while. I'm sure it was causing me to anchor differently. When I corrected it.....my shot pattern tightened.

I'd like to get to the point in archery (like I was in golf) where I could relate causation with results and make in-game adjustments.