HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bostic Plantation Hog Hunt only
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 01:40 PM
eightydeucehunter

Default RE: Bostic Plantation Hog Hunt only

I posted this in another forum but here's my take. I hunted Bostick in February/March timeframe 2006. The stands are 10-15 feet high and yes indeed there are lots of them. I shot a 300 lber my first night out (I guess I didn't realize how lucky I was that he dropped where I hit him) and another the next day. The second hog I dropped turned out to be starving and diseased so I just asked that the carcass be burned instead of keeping any part of it. For the rest of my hunt (about 4 days) I didn't see anything but armadillos running around. I stayed in the shack across the road in the trailer attached to the back of the house. It wasn't the worst accomadtions I've had while hunting (I'd say the poncho lean-to I built on a windy ridge during a downpour takes that title) and I had a bed and a roof. Beyond that there was a living room type area and a kitchen but mcraddock really wasn't kidding about the kitchen (another party staying there left a mess and got a "talking-to"). So overall it was a sucessful hunt but I'm not sure it was worth what I ended up paying for it. Take it with a grain of salt but that's my experience.