HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you considered ............
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Tahquamenon
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have you considered ............

On the other hand, the modern inlineand various expanded loadinghas also done wonders at bringing new folks into muzzleloading that otherwise would likely never have. Which some folks also see as a terrible thing. For me more folks in the sport is a better thing versus fewer.

Forthose of us that shoot both modern and traditional ML's and loads,they both offer a nice contrast and broadens the environment and hunting experienceswith muzzleloading weapons. I love going from a Scoped Encore on one day to a Flintlock the next and a percussion of some flavor (inline orsidelock)the day after that.

Unfortunately for the sidelock, there are very few production models available anymore. Which is a shame.

As for the modern loads and ML's, 99% of all of that is really marketing fluff. Approaches and campaigns designed to do one thing = sell more product. Modern ML's are no different than any other product with a vast marketing engine behind it.

The question is do you buy theproduct itselfor the marketing fluff?

I think we all fall subject to the marketing-speak at some point or another eventually. Some more so than others.

Tahquamenon