HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3D/Target guys....Fitness
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D/Target guys....Fitness

I don't know. To be honest, I'm not in great shape right now (gotta work on that) and probably 50% of the people I know that are truly outstanding shooters are in terrible shape. Don't get me wrong, I can hike around without getting too winded, and shoot very well on the up/down hill courses we have around here (some are brutal mountain courses), but as long as your at least at that level of fitnessI don't think it matters much. I know alot of people hate "in it to win it" type of guysin 3D, but honestly my folding stool/backpack I bring to any 3D shoot where it's busy so I can relax and rest while waiting to get on the stake is invaluable. It's so nice to just sit down and relax for a minute or two while waiting for my shot, instead of getting fatigued by standing around all day in the hot sun, I honestly think this give me an advantage.

When it comes to just pure shot execution, just purely indoors shooting, I don't think it has anything to do with it. The two guys leading my local league (both have shot back to back clean 450 games for 2 weeks straight with X counts between 38-41x's), are both at least 60-70lbs overweight. The one has got to be 320+lbs at 6'1" or so.........