HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Z5 Omega
Thread: Z5 Omega
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Z5 Omega

I shoot the Nikon Pro Staff in 2-7x32mm and found it to be all the scope I could ever need. Excellent clarity, great light gathering, 75 yard parallex, and tuff. I accidently had my rifle slip and fall right on the scope. My first guess was.. need to sight in the scope again. It was perfect. The Pro Staff has excellent eye relief. It works great on my big conical shooters and my Knight Disc rifle.

Also all the other scopes get the paint burned off of them by my open breech rifles. Why these Nikons stand up to all the shooting with out hardly a mark on them I can not figure out. When I asked my friend who sells scopes and runs a gun shop to recomend a good scope for me, he told me he should try to sell me something expensive, but that he would recommend the Pro Staff. He said they go out the door but never come back. I now own three of them.

As for the BDC on scopes, I never use them I sight in for what I want and then learn the scope and the drop. I think you have to shoot a certain load to make them work, and I do not want my scope to tell me what the rifle should shoot.

The next scope I am going to try is the Leupold VI 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader scope. But I have to decide what rifle should wear it and I have not purchased a new inline for a while.