HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Peeps
Thread: Peeps
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 04:29 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Peeps

I have two rifles with peep sights. One rifle has a T/C Hunters Tang Peep and the other has a Williams Barrel Mount Peep. Both of them produce very accurate results. When the lighting is good, I do not think there is a better iron type sight that can shoot as accurate as a peep. The trouble I found with peeps are late afternoon in the thickets. All to often I had to pass on shots during those critical last 20 minutes of the hunting day, because the shadows were too dark, and I could not make a reasonable sight picture through the peep on the animal. I am sure you know what I am talking about although I do not describe it well. Although I always refuse to remove the inside aperture to make a ghost ring. I never practiced with the ghost ring so I would not hunt with it.

One afternoon with peeps, I was shooting paper plates at close too (no range finder at that time and I discovered how terrible I was at judging distances)125 yard with little problem, shooting REAL conicals. I was more then pleased with the accuracy. Simply because it indicated to me that when all things were right, a shot at that distance would not have been impossible.