HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who is the leader in bow technology right now?
Old 01-20-2008, 04:55 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

To me it's a no-brainer. Bowtech has been around since (I think) '99. If they haven't made leaps in bounds in that time...I don't know who has. And....the design you say they went away from was a BIG deal, to me. I AGREE that they seemingly have moved away a "little" from it (with the exception of the addition of the General). But...they know the have to cater to their speed demon "base".

I agree with everything you wrote for the most part.......but I think these "other guys" have a long way to go to break the top tier of bow companies threshold. I don't see PSE in that mix. I see Mathews there on: 1. Being a good profuct and 2. name and brand recognition. Hoyt, in my opinion, is falling by the wayside. It really, to me, looks like old technology. If you're "hoyt guy"....I'm sure they're catering to you, just fine. I hope their base stays loyal.....for their sake.

But to look at what Bowtech has done in a mere 8 years.....and even with what they are doing last year (Guardian, Commander) and this year (101s and 82nd speed bows)....and saying they're hanging out in the shallow end........

I just disagree (respectfully).

Perception. We just have a different perception.