HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pedersoli Kentucky Pistol Kit?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 10:26 PM
amw_yo

Default Pedersoli Kentucky Pistol Kit?

regrettably it has been some time since i have been able to participate in posting on this site but after this recent muzzleloading season i have decided that i would like to try hunting with a muzzleloading handgun. i seem to recall that in my state a muzzledloading handgun may be used if the caliber is .454 and over with some minimal barrel length of say four inches( i think). so i started shopping around and came across a Pedersoli Kentucky pistol kit on sale at DGW. has anyone ever hunted with anything like this or is the accuracy insufficient? i feel that in most cases that if the shooter will do, the gun will do. this particular gun is 45 caliber with a 10 1/4 inch barrel. i really couldn't find any other information about this gun or hunting with the for that matter and figured that if the fine folks here at this forum didn't know then no one does! most of my shots are inside 30 yards with dense woods

thanks for you time and hope to hear your input
James

p.s. if the muzzle energy is insufficient i would never dream of using it for hunting, i despize unethical hunting practices.