HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is bowfishing.....bowhunting?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Lady Forge
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is bowfishing.....bowhunting?

I personally spend alot of spring and summer time Bowhunting Rough Fish....And It is truely a BLAST!!!!!Well heck a Winter Time Pass Time as well now( HNI Christine , Kendall and I were out on a warm water lake in the middle of the nightthat is ajacient to the Nuclear Power Plant 2 weekends ago Bowfishing with hand warmers , winter jackets and busting through some ice ocaisionally with the trolling motor in the middle of the night.
Here is a link to our winter trip on the lake the other night bowhunting for rough fishhttp://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2555278... Ya We Are NutsAnd lovin every minute of itExcept for when Christine fell ( not a swan dive )in the water... damn that water had to be cold[&:]
HNI Christine and Kendall got me started.....And its all their fault[8D] It has become one of my other passion's to the point that I have bought a boat and am converting it to a bowfishing boat.

What can be better than when you dont gun turkey hunt in the spring and nothing is in season to bowhunt during the summer....or in the middle of the night....Then Bowfish!!!!!! You will be doing the waters and native fish a great favor

Bank Bowfishing is a great way to do some water line scouting for whitetails while you are bowfishing... I see some great bucks at the waters edge when I am out daytime bank bowfishing....and its awesome to spot and stalk on the banks or wadding those spooky carp.... they have some great eyesight!!!

Ya gotta try it............Getting to fish and shoot your bow at the same time can be a combination of 2 loved sports...
wait till you arrow a 20lb Common Carp, 70lb Grass Carp or 35lb Asian Big Head.... you gotta experience the fight they give ya... it's Wild.