HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First time crowing
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
BlackLab
Nontypical Buck

Default First time crowing

What a hoot!!!

Went to a wildlife area to do a little yotin with my FX3. After about an hour an a half later nothin notta zilch. Which left me a little bummed. I decided to pick up and go to another area. On my way there I see a few crows and I thought change of plans . I get down to where I can start hunting again crab my stuff and head out. It's a cattle grazing area with lots of black berry rows and a few trees with little cover. I found an ok spot and put the FX3 out playing a crow fight. Figuring I'd have enough time to finish setting up WRONG!!!!!! No sooner did I walk back 15 or 20 yardsto my pack & shot gun here they came. My shells weren't even out of the box. lol They were circling, making noise and I'm justtrying to get shellsin the dam shot gun. There must have been 3 dozen of them and I finnally get the shot gun loaded and start BLASTING. This was the most fun I had with my 12gauge in a long time . The overall kill rate we won't discussbut you couldn't take the grin of my face with a belt sander [8D]. I'm so hooked!!! but I only have till the end of jan.

? for all you crow killers do they have a good memory? Meaning can I go to the same area tommorrow