HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - We talkin bout PRACTICE....
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 02:55 PM
buckeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: We talkin bout PRACTICE....

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I have not shot any practice except for 2 rounds before the league started...I did however go shoot indoor 3D last weekend.
Impressive scores, nonetheless, Scott.

Do you find that this type shooting (paper) helps your 3D shooting......a little?......a lot?......Tremendously? What about when you first started?

I'm a beginner at targets.....in reality.

Yes and no... I believe it helps by keeping form in tune and muscle conditioning....

However I find it a hindrance as it does not help me "aim" on foam...... I feel I was having trouble at the indoor 3D from not shooting 3D since the HNI get-together and getting used to having a defined aiming point on the paper.... I was having trouble committing to the shot at the indoor 3D which lead to a rather poor showing.....

I never shot a full round of Vegas until last years league.... I have shot the face quite a few times previous but never a "game". NFAA 5 spot is the game of choice around here.... It is the game I have shot by far the most.

I was not good when I first started and improved very little the first year I shot a league..... My high score the first year may have been low 280's..... Low score low to mid 260's..... I had very poor form and no follow thru at all.... Looking back I was a wreck [&:]

I am self taught in all aspects of hunting and archery and did not have the luxury of a website like this to get me on the right track back then..... I got bit by the "3D bug" and I took to it rather well and started winning almost every local HC shoot half way or so thru my first year of competing...... That confidence and practice led to much improved indoor scores the following year...

I believe I shot my first 300 on 5 spot my second year in the league and shot mid to upper 290's each time...... Whenshooting now in shooting form an off game would be 298 and a good game obviously 300.

Again I have not shot a crowded line in a few years though..... These are based on shooting in my basement and my old clubs the "mosquito bowmen" and "trumbull rod and gun" after hours with a couple buddies.

I plan to go down to the mosquito bowmen and shoot a round on a crowdedline one day soon to see how I shoot on the line with all the other guys again.

Little did you know your short question ould get a novel in return
[/align][/align]