HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened
Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
beech18
Fork Horn

Default RE: HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened

Why are you so defensive? Montana is not the only state to charge a good dollar for there tags for the non residents. Examples for non residents. Arizona 595.00 plus another150.00 hunting lic. Nevada 1200.00 plusanother 140.00 odd cent hunting lic. Utah close to 800.00 plus the hunting lic of 65.00. Wyoming ranges from 500 with the "cheap" lic to almost 1000.00 for the "expensive" lic. Colorado is about 500.00 and Idaho is by far the best value coming in justunder 400.00. I dont see how Montana is ripping you off. Montana actually lets you go hunting as some of the states, good luck in drawing in the first 20 years of applying. As your comment about the fires. Do those east coast fire fighters get paid to go out west to fight fires?? My point is, a localwill protect his land and country just as I would expect you do the same at your home. The non residentfire fighters I doubt did it out of the goodness of they're heart. Andthe locals of Montana are vast majority of the hunting population as hunting is a way of life for most Montana people. Its just another benifit of being the resident of the state you choose. I dont like 3.00 a gallon fuel, but I pay it. I recommend just taking it easy on thissubjectbecause its not going to change. If the fish and game decides to change system, its they're call.