HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened
Old 01-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Buckshot
Typical Buck

Default RE: HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened

What would hunting out west be like if the residents hadn't taken take of for the last century? We owe you nothing as hunting is not a right it is aprivilege.
Never said you own us nonresidents anything, but to claim were on equal footing is ludicrous.

I adovcate Montana raise resident fees, do away with the outfitter set aside's and fund Block Management with resident dollars
Any idea just how much youd have to raise resident lic fees to make do that?

I have never felt that resident of another state or country owe me anything for the privilege of hunting in their locations
Never said that either, no state could possibly allow the resource to be used the equally by both resident and non resident, it just cant handle that kind of pressure.

I pay the higher fees because I know I am not contributing to their economy on a daily basis like a resident is.
I too dont mind paying higher fees, but whats charged for a, say elk tag is rediculous.

So keep thinking that the hunters in the West owe you something and see how well that attitude plays out for you
Again never said that, try rereading my first post.