HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened
Old 01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
beech18
Fork Horn

Default RE: HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened

Buckshot, its just the way it works. I am not nuts. I hunt more than just Montana every hunting season which makes me a non resident hunter in other states to know. I think you should take a better look at the bigger picture. Non residents pay a higher dollar no matter where you hunt. Its not just out west as you claim all the flat landers are supporting our services. The non resident also takes advantage of the services provided by ourfish and game. Example the block management in Montana,if that program wasnt in effect I could find hunting property to hunt because I am a resident and know other land owners to be able to access other property. How many non residents would be left in the dark if that program would no be in use?? Im sure somecould still find lands to hunt but alot depend on this service to make there hunt happen here in Montana. Mabey not you personallybut alot do throughout the whole state, I lived in Iowa and Ontarionow Montana.All places lets the resident hunter huntwith a lower cost hunter lic or tagsand the non resident at a higher rate. Im sure your state does the same thing. This thread is about the breaks, speaking ofnon residents,I doubt you (the non residents)where in the breaks 2 years ago helping fight fires and save thehabitat of the breakswhen it almost all went up in flames north west of Jordan??? I hunt out of state tooand accept we dont have the same privledges as the resident, its just the way it is. You are not a resident of Montana just as I am not a resident of your state.