HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened
Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Nemont
Fork Horn

Default RE: HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened

What would hunting out west be like if the residents hadn't taken take of for the last century? We owe you nothing as hunting is not a right it is aprivilege. NR hunters have been the reason for more locked gates and more loss of opportunity then any resident.

I adovcate Montana raise resident fees, do away with the outfitter set aside's and fund Block Management with resident dollars. That way we don't even begin to have this feeling that we "owe" NR anything. I hunt with and host NR hunters every year, I have met some tremendous people through hunting that are true friends, I enjoy hunting as a NR in other states and travel outside the country at least once a year to hunt somewhere. I have never felt that resident of another state or country owe me anything for the privilege of hunting in their locations. I pay the higher fees because I know I am not contributing to their economy on a daily basis like a resident is.

So keep thinking that the hunters in the West owe you something and see how well that attitude plays out for you.

Nemont