HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Played like a violin
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 10:44 AM
buttonbuckmaster
Nontypical Buck

Default Played like a violin

This morning I went hunting at my dads farm. My season is over this Thursday and this was likely my last morning hunt of the year.I was a little late getting to the woods (overslept) and was in a rush to get to my ground blind. I was about to enter the woods andsaw 5 deer about 400 yards due west of me heading into the timber. I think I know where they are headed, so I ditch the ground blind and high tail it to a logging road that they are sure to cross. I'm set up (on the ground)and less than 5 minutes later, 3 deer come from the east ( same direction I came from [&:]) and are making their way past me. I slowly turn and draw my bow as I see the first buck nearing my shooting lane at 20 yards. He's a 80" 7 pt that I have let walk 3 times already this year. He keeps going, not even noticing me at full draw. Next is a doe, she sees me...does the head nod, and slowly walks through the lane. This is where my season all goes to crap.[>:]Next deer is trailing behind the others, walking slowly. I see him at about 30 yards headed towards my lane. He's a STUD! 10pt, looked to be 145-150 inch deer. I'm STILL at full draw lol. He makes his way to my opening, I can see his head and neck through the peep waiting for that last step to shoot..........and the doe snorts.[:@]Heturns and runs for what seemed like 10 miles.Hunt over, deer running everywhere. I'm assuming she caught my scent, I hadn't moved, unless she saw my legs shaking while waiting on the 10 pt LOL. Deer won this morning, this evening may be a different story.