HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spanish vs American
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 06:24 AM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spanish vs American

I can not speak to the Spanish barrels, I have no experience with them, and I rarely believe much of what I read on the net, unless I have a history with the poster's. there are some good guy's here on this MZ site, and I think you can trust what they say.

I have owned or shot alot of MZ's. I always keep coming back to the Knight. Trigger's are one reason. Knight has the best trigger. I also like their barrels and the way they shoot. All the Knight's I have shot have been good shooter's. I have owned a few of the TC's that I just could not get to shoot, and my friend's have had some of the same problem's. And I also have a real problem with the TC's costing what they do, and having the terrible trigger's they have.

IMO if you go with a Knight and take the time to work a load up right, then I think that is your best route to go. And as stated earlier, if you do not have enough cash to get the scope now, then by all means shoot it open sighted.

I know alot of guy's have good luck with the less expensive MZ's. And I am happy for them. I was just never satisfied with the stocks, trigger guards, ramrod's and other features of the less expensive models. And especially those cheesy trigger's.

I have dropped my MZ battery down to 3 rifles. A knight LRH with a scope, My old stand by MK85 with open sights, and a Lyman LH flinter. Oh ya I forgot about the TC Hawken I have in the safe. Go with quality and you should have it forever. Tom.