HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Squirrel Mudman

Default RE: Alaska Thread

OK, Finally I' m jumping into the middle of it. I' m an Alaskan bowhunter and have been watching this thread for some time but have never made a post. I especially enjoy Arctic Bowman' s stories hunting in the north. I spent my first summer in Alaska in ' 91 working in a hunting camp in Coldfoot. I also worked on the slope for a number of years so I can appreciate the fortitude it takes to hunt year round. Presently, I' m getting ready for my annual pilgrimage to SE alaska to hunt black bear. I can hardly wait. I had an especially good bowhunting winter this year. My company sent me to Texas hunting on the Corporate lease for whitetails in December and I bagged my first two whitetails with a bow. I' ll never again turn my nose up to whitetail hunting. Those little buggers are fun to hunt. Probably because they' re easy....Ha, Ha.... I' m in the process of registering my first P&Y animal - a dandy of a caribou scoring really well. O.K., enough of the bragging - Hopefully this year is as good as last - I need to keep the blood flowing.