HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My thoughts on New Bow
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 06:49 PM
niehenke
Fork Horn

Default RE: My thoughts on New Bow

I will give you some credit, but I had a hoyt that was ~9 years old with a 70 # draw and 70% let off. I had a shot this year on a doe that I couldn't take because I was shaking too much after ~ 45 seconds holding for her to pass to the opening. If I had the bow that I have now, I could have held double that time. That is one point. My second point is that I had major drop from 20 to 30 yards. If I misjudged the distance, I more than likely would miss. My comfort was within 25 yards. I just bought a 101 airborne. I made a mark at 25 yards on my sliding site and can shout in the vitals from 0 to 35 yards with an 8" diameter accuracy. This is just with ~10 hours of practice. This bow has really improved my chances. For fun, I moved out to 60 yards and it was amazing. I never missed the target and I moved m site 1/2" from the 25 yard mark. You can't see the arrow. In fact, you have to listen to hear the arrow a split second after you shoot to know that you hit the target. Most of the people on this site are probably not shocked by any of this, but this is all newto me. A 9 year upgrade in technology is awesome. I am shooting 310 fps at 64#s. With my hoyt, I was at 68#s.