HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ameristep Doghouse Blind
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 06:01 PM
awshucks
Nontypical Buck

Default Ameristep Doghouse Blind

I've hated this thing from day one when I had to call the company to fold it back up.I hated it more when I bought replacement rods for it, took the whole shebang on a hog hunt in La and couldn't get the rods to fit. Found out that they came w/ rods that vary from 92" to 102", but all replacement rods are 102". At least that's what I was told when I called them last time. Got treated well by them, not bad mouthing the company or the product. Well, I need rods again. Have some a friend gave me that can be cut down to fit. I've torn one of the shoulder straps loose on the cover someone who don't weigh 300 lbs can pack in. Decided I'd be happier w/ a 5 hub type and never fight the damm rods again. Think one of the loops on the corners is torn and needs fixed. Was thinking seriously about putting it in my burn barrel and watching it go up in flames while drinking a beer. Decided to do this instead. Anybody [xbowers on this forum]that wants to pay the shipping can have this pos. I can't even look at it w/o my blood pressure going up, and historically, that's the kiss of death here, just ask my ex-wives. so, 1st pm w/ about $15 and it has a new home. Don't say I didn't warn you, lol.