Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Ameristep Doghouse Blind >

Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Old 01-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ameristep Doghouse Blind

I'll confess, I spoke for it. [:-]
I have one that I leave out year-round and it's finally falling apart, plus it turned a shade of pink that just doesn't match my eyes.
Actually, it has been a decent blind for the money, but not one I'd recommend too highly unless it's just for a "beginner's model" to see if you like hunting from one. The zippers soon broke and it turned pink in the sunlight! Now the fabric is "rotten" and rips if you bump it. I had a buddy that had an "outhouse" model that was even worse for falling apart.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: KLS

I have one but have only used it a couple times, its called a "yukon tracks" and has the five spring loaded collapsible sides/top, I didnt pay much for it(under $100) but its nice and only takes a second to set up, in fact it takes longer to get it out of the bag than it does to set it up...
I have a Yukon Tracks blind, I love it, very simple.
Had a doghouse, it was b*#%h.

xbowbarry
Old 01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Spike

Don't ever think that a hub blind is the whole answer I have 2 double bulls one reg and the other a recurve model from hell it pops up great but WILL NOT fold up without removing 2 of the poles from the sockets I have had corner tiedowns rip out etc. my regular DB will almost fold itself up but that recurve is junk I called the comapny if I want to pay shipping both ways they will LOOK at it I have an old cheap Rural king that I just took down yesterday it has few hickeys in it here and there but it still works great I think it is a ground max maybe it will stand 4 times the snow and ice accumilation than either of the double bulls and 4 times the wind.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Why are the hub designs so popular? I have two pop up blinds. The frame work comprises of four hoops and two sectioned poles. The only time I've been unhappy is when I wanted to shoot a longer recurve out of it. It takes less than 5 minutes to have it completely assembled and less to pack it away. Am I missing something?
Old 01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have only used their Penthouse model and have had no problems
with it since I learned how to fold it to put it away,am on my
second one first one was five years old starting to rip,etc.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the one spoken here and mine went up fine 3 yrs ago and when I tried to take it down afew days later I couldnt get it to do the fold and curl up thing so I drug it home, kinda folded it up(will never fit back into carry case)and its been in the garage since.
I bought the hub style this summer and its still up so I havnt had the pleasure of takeing it down yet...

I dont think I could give it away cause it to is a POS........
Old 01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Why are the hub designs so popular? I have two pop up blinds. The frame work comprises of four hoops and two sectioned poles. The only time I've been unhappy is when I wanted to shoot a longer recurve out of it. It takes less than 5 minutes to have it completely assembled and less to pack it away. Am I missing something?
Don, I just hate those segmented roof poles.I can't use the corner stakes here due to rocks, [most places]and tieng rocks to the corners is not the "A" answer, so when they roll around in the wind all night the poles for the roof get busted up.I know what you're thinking, and yes the dumb sob does know the hub type will roll around too, lol, just ready to hate something else new. And there is some self discipline involved, figur the hub will cost me 3 times what this pos did and I'll take it down when I leave, should increase longevity, lol.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol.. that sucks but still interesting....

Almost bought one of those.....instead I got a Matrix pop-up, i believe, from the farm store.
On sale forlike 69.99 it's actually built halfway decent, thick material,up & staked down in a couple minutes.

chris