HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - any one from maine
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 05:43 PM
vtgao
Banned

Default RE: any one from maine

Sam,
Head east to Milo, get on RT-11 and head north to Brownville and then into Brownville Jct. Go thru the Jct towards Millinockett. Just a couple of miles out for Brownville Jct. at Prairie you will find the sign on the left for Katahdin Iron works, head in that direction.
Back in the mid 90's I hunted up there two years in a row using a guide by the name of Chuck Lloyd, who operated out of his house just outside of Brownville Jct. If he is still in business I would suggest you call him (sorry I don't have his number handy). At the time he offered Guided, Semi-Guided hunts as well as just accomadations. Rates were extremely reasonable.
I started hunting with a different group of guys from work after that, hunting North of Moosehead lake, along the golden road. I do plan to hunt the Iron works area again someday.
Get a topo map of the Bowdin college / Katahdin Iron works area. The "EBEEMEE" topo covers this area. We hunted Baker, Elephant and Indian mountain areas.
Chuck guides for Bear, Deer and Moose. He works as a gate keeper for the paper co. so he is on the land alot.

Check it out.

VTgao