HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Triumph or Krb7
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 04:51 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Triumph or Krb7

MLKeith

It sort of burns me that a company like T/C would build a rifle that wont shoot the bullets and sabots that they send with the rifle. I admit that mine was bought a couple of years ago and the HPH24 sabots were not well known or maybe not even available
Just some information for you... Orignally TC had contracted Harvester to produce sabots for them and they wroked very well in the TC barrels.(Plus another change occured for TC - they started making theirown barrels which caused a compoundedproblem...)Then they alsoswitched sabot vendors to MMP and there was a big batch of TC sabot/bullet combinations that were put out to the public that came with the HPH-12 (MMP's standard sabot) but it was soon discovred that those sabots will not fit a TC and TC revised the contract to be supplied with the HPH-24 which is comparable to a regular Harvester. Even those proved to be to tight for many of the new production TC barrels so again another contract with MMP produced the yellow "super glide" for TC these sabots can not be sold to the public by anyone other than TC, but MMP recognized the need of the thinner sabot so they then produced the MMP-3p-EZ load, Harvester folled with the "crush rib" and as you might be aware Hornady now has a contract with MMP to produce the red "low drag" sabot for them.. another 3p. Also when TC learned of the HPH-12 error, they offered a program to re-supply (replace) the incorrect sabots. Think you still might even be able to do that...

I have two Omega's and have abosolutely no problem loading them - including loading a .458 in an Orange MMP sabot.

There is one other problem that I am aware of... the older Omega/Encore barrels were bored .501/.502 while a large bunch of the newer ones are bored .49/.500 as Lemoyne has suggested. And unfortunately as you already know there is no standard bore in an ML that must e met by manufactures....

The biggest problem I had with my Omega's is soot and blowback but after taking your advicxe I did install a 25 ACP and problem solved... I can not tell you why I do not get the "crud ring as you describe in any of my guns...

revpilot

i was really hoping the loading problem was not a factor anymore with TC . i had a firehawk, and it was the worst to load, until i found powerbelts. Sounds like maybe its still the same with TC, i wish guns shops were like shoe stores, you could try them out........first
I really believe that you can load a TC if you find the correct sabot for the bore you have, actually that goes for any gun - it is a motter of finding a proper fitting sabot and there are a lot to choose from these days...

To show you what I mean here is a picture of some of the sabots I have, and these are the older one... there better ones available today...