HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Triumph or Krb7
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 01:26 PM
MLKeith
Typical Buck

Default RE: Triumph or Krb7

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

MLKeith,There is a standard differance in bore size between the co.'s the knights and the whites have oversize bore and the old original sabots fit right; the TC's have the .498 to .500 bore and the newer sabots like the crush rib [Triumph and the HPH24 [Omega] normally work quite well with them . I dont understand why you have a problem. Lee
It sort of burns me that a company like T/C would build a rifle that wont shoot the bullets and sabots that they send with the rifle. I admit that mine was bought a couple of years ago and the HPH24 sabots were not well known or maybe not even available. And why should we have to buy seperate sabots and throw away the ones that come with the bullets. Makes the shots even more expensive. After giving up on sabots and relying on powerbelts for the Omega I finally fell out of love with it and now concentrate on my Whites and the new KRB7. I paid a lot more for the Omega and expected it to be easier to use but after non-loading sabots and inability to shoot Tripple Seven I fianlly sent it back to the gun safe. I tried everything to make it shoot. Bought all three models of the breechplug made by T/C then gave up on them and bought the .25ACP plug which I admit made the rifle a lot more user friendly. I polished the bore with 200 passes of JB bore paste and it is still difficult to load and will not shoot Tripple Seven without a bad (really bad) crud ring. Some of the Omegas are a lot better than mine from what I read. Otherwise no one would be using them.