HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with my rifle?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 12:12 AM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whats wrong with my rifle?

To much hop scotching- meaning switching bullets, chasing the bull by adjusting after not verifing where it is actually shooting, poor rest, etc.I would start with the basic as mentioned above with one bullet, start at 25 byfolling the bore sighting instructions and make adjustments so you arejust low of the bull. Then move to 100 yards shoot a 3 shot group, wait10 minutes for cooling and shooting a secondary 3 shot group.Take your bud to watch you shoot andhe can also shoot. Groups are simply a similar pattern they can be both tight and open.. So if the load you first try is opened up, try a secondary load for comaprison. Get yourself something better then truck hood for a shooting platform should be a priority as well.

It is entirely possible that the scope or mounts is suspect. However instead of going into a bunch of possibles and details I will say head back to the range to shoot some groups instead of shots. Letssure it isn't human error before we start ripping into things that just aren't a problem.

FYI,shooting one bull on the last shot and call it good, after dismal results ='s poor possibilities in the field. Verify before you call it good, we owe it to ourselves and more imprtantly the game!