HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How long shold you blow the call?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Deek321

Default RE: How long shold you blow the call?

Hay Johnny, ya most of the time I will always get a response with the locator.We also had one night were we hadcoyotes and foxes come in together. See I live on a wetland reserve / dog training facility. Its about 700 acres of flooded march land that never gets hunted. So in the last few years Iv noticed a rise in predator numbers. Also lot of dead waterfowl carcasses around most of the water banks. We set some motion cameras around the property and saw few fox, some but few. Iv only seen one bobcat with a litter, and lots and lots of coyotes, lots. So we started calling the coyotes in and shooting them with shotguns. The first night it was nonstop. They were in large numbers. When a fox or that cat would come into the motion box we would use a 17 HMR or a22. 250. I really don’t think it’s a good idea to try to remove all the predator around the area because like I said we have lots of water year around. Witch in return attracts lost of varmints. So they serve there purpose. But it was getting a little out of control.