HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NEW ?????????
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Cossack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEW ?????????

I've found the following to contribute to x bow accuracy:
1. High FOC (forward of center) rating. I installed 110 gr brass inserts in stead of the 42 grain aluminum stock inserts. Also replaced the 5" vanes with 2" Blazers. Then, used lacquer in stead of wraps to increase visability and make vane application and removal easier. omitting wraps or lighted nocks also keeps the weight down at the back of the arrow which increases FOC.
2. Smaller broadheads, especially 4 bladed if fixed, fly more consistently than larger heads. It took me two missed bucks to find out that larger heads steer the arrow, esp when using smallish vanes and low FOC. Slick Tricks mags. work great in my application.
3. Cocking with string puller aid keeps serving centered, giving greater shot to shot consistency.
4. Good release follow through. Even tho x bow looks like a gun (to some) they shoots like a bow. Not jerking the trigger, holding stock steady during release is all important to accuracy.
5. Gear maintenance: brace hight, waxing string prior to use, keeping screws tight, careful handling of scope, etc.