HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spanish vs American
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 12:22 PM
wabi
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spanish vs American

To be honest I have always been partial to T/C, but my views are changing. No doubt Knight is a good brand, but CVA seems to be a very good shooter in most cases and a lot less expensive.
If I were going to buy a new muzzleloader today I'd be very tempted to get a CVA Wolf! From what I've seen & heard they are great performers at an unbelievable low price! Handled one when they first hit the market and wasn't impressed with fit & finish, but I handled one last week and WAS impressed! Very good fit (tight lockup with no play between the barrel & receiver) and a great trigger pull. I wouldn't be planning on shooting 150gr charges anyway, and with 100gr charges I wouldn't have any fears of the barrel not being strong enough to stand it.
I think a lot of the negative comments come from people who are simply of the mind frame "if it's not made in the USA, it's inferior". I like to buy products made here at home, but some imports are just as good and a lot cheaper because of labor costs.
BTW - Just bought a new Buck knife last week (online purchase)and when I got it I checked it out thoroughly. Very well made - good fit - smooth operation (folding blades) with no slop or looseness - shaving sharp right out of the box -and stamped CHINA on the back ofmain blade!