HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Homemade ground Blinds vs Pre-fabs? Help
Old 12-27-2007, 10:26 AM
paddletothesea

Default Homemade ground Blinds vs Pre-fabs? Help

Hey all, hope you had a good holiday.
I have some questions I hope you all take the time to answer for me. If you have question in regards to mine, please email me.
Anyway, its in regards to homemade ground blinds vs tree or prefab blinds.

Here Goes.

How many of you make your own ground blind/stick structure?

Do you often use the same blind year after year? If so, is the main structure still there the following year? (Do you have a blind that has lastest a long time without maintence?)

Have you ever encountered other hunters blinds while in the woods walking? (not tree or prefabs but homemade ones)

WHat are the benefits of using a homemade ground blind structure compared to a store bought prefab one?

Thanks for your help all. I use to make the homemade structures I prefered for several reasons. It was alway fun to make it out of natural vegetation and allowed me to scope out the area prior to hunting. I felt the natural veg. would also aid in disguising me too. I havent used the prefab ones but it seem the visibility is limited and also the wind may rattle the plastic or canvas sides making a lot of noise. I'm doing a research project regarding this and I would appreciate hearing from all you. Tring to get a sense on how many people make and build there own stick fort style blinds vs. those who buy a prefab one already made.
Thanks again and good luck in your hunting!