HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are Kimber Rifles IT.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 11:59 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are Kimber Rifles IT.

look star, if your gonna quote me, fine, use my whole statement or nothing, I can buy a remington, rifle or a sako, and when the rifle is done to my specs, the remington is cheaper and will probably shoot better, due to the fact that about all smiths are use to working with rem. actions and know what it takes to make them shoot.
To blueprint a reciever, it takes the same amount of work on any of them except custom actions which are allready been blueprinted, but ya pay for it when you but it. and the best barrel made, won't shoot its best unless the action has been trued and accurised, lugs squared and lapped, and the like.
For the shooting I do I want at least 1/3 MOA, 1/4 is better, but the inside of an inch stuff won't cut it, so I pay to play, but I pay less going the remington route. as far as your anology goes, the only folks who'll state
RR:

Are you trying to say that Remingtons dimensions on their actions are comparable to a Sako? Is that what I am hearing? My gunsmith flat out says that he has had to do minimal to nothing to rebarrel "ANY" sako he worked on and I damn trust his word over the gibberish I hear on this site.

Remington definitely keeps "Remington" gunsmiths in business some of who have less knowledge of a lathe then I do and i only took metal shop one year in HC. There are gunsmiths that are very proficient at making any action work and a better action is worth more then any customized remington because at the end of the day it's still a remington. Last Scintilla of accuracy is not everything RR I thought you would have known that by now. I like reliability,function and then accuracy . They can be had but not by buying a Remington or if you do so heavily customizing it that it isn't a Remington any longer.

BC:
Now back to the original subject which was Kimbers...they are a crap shoot plain and simple you can buy one and it is all gold or it could be a lemon. Last time I checked BC no dealers let you test drive Rifles so if it is a dog you have to unload the dog.BTW please spare the BS when you mention the Sako I sold you. Everyone has made one mistake or another in their life and I made mine selling to you.