HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Omega scores twice this week! Ok. once more!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:05 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Omega scores twice this week!

ORIGINAL: Sewerdude

Just a update. Went to my "honey hole" again this morning. Didnt see a thing. I havent seen much of any deer since the snow storm last weekend. Decided to try out my other property, that I havent been to since bowseason. As I was walking across the field to my stand, I got to the woods and was looking through the trees to try to see my ladder stand. Been awhile since I'm been there like I said. Saw it through the brush, as i just started to walk in the woods, out busted 3 large does about 40 yards heading across the field! I thought dang it! So, what do I have to lose. I fawn bleated with my mouth about 4 times, very loud. They all stopped and spun around. I was shocked to say the least. I got down on one knee. Figured they were 90 yards. Layed the cross hairs of the Omega scope on the boiler room. Let it rip. They all bolted, the one started changing its course and the other 2 headed straight to the picked corn field 200 yards away. The one I shot ran it about a 30 yard half circle ,then dropped like a rock. I walked up to the doe, then stepped it off back to where I was kneeling. Came out to 118 yards. I'm more and more impressed with these TC 300 gr XTP Mags the more I use them. Didnt get a complete pass through, so all the energy stayed in the animal. That makes 3 deer this year. This is one of the most exciting hunt I've ever been on and happened so fast. She dressed out at 136 lbs, alittle heavier than the first doe. I'm done for this year, need to save some for next year. We'll have enough venison this year thats for sure. I feel very blessed!
Amen, you were, good shooting. "And the Lord gave them over to their hands." is a said over and over again in the Bible. We are blessed, by the Lord giving deer over and over again to our hands. How else to explain "dumb luck" other than faith that "he provides all our needs". Chap Gleason