HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)
Old 12-21-2007, 02:28 PM
DMiller6868
Spike

Default RE: Neighbors shooting deer out of season

Well as I said before I'm in Ohio, which means no rifle unless your hunting coyotes or other varmint. I was in my treestand BOWHUNTING, because it's BOW season, shotgun season is all over, never to return until next year. Yes, maybe they were shooting a coyote, but honestly if I was coyote hunting I wouldn't have my 12 gauge out in the middle of the woods in the evening, I might be perched up on a hill calling with my rifle. I thought it was odd that I watched 15+ deer walk into a large open field and then hear 5 or 6 shots, when 3 is the legal limit,gun must be plugged (you might say 2 shooters i guess). Yes it was sundown but I prefer to not get out of my stand as soon as the sun goes down because I wanted to wait for the deer to pass before I spooked them. As I said before, these are not the most ethical, kind, loving neighbors, theirs been a past with us and it's not so great. For example, last season a lady shot a doe on our land, ran onto neighbors, neighbors tagged it and claimed it as their own! I'm sure this has been going on for awhile and I hate to see it continue.