HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Boresighter?
Thread: Boresighter?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 02:04 PM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Boresighter?

I think you should save your money and learn to boresight your rifles without a boresighter. It is NOT hard to do WITHOUT a boresighter.

I personally believe boresighters are one of the biggest wastes of time and money. In fact, I venture to say boresighters cause hundreds, maybe thousands of deer to be lost every year from people who rely on them.
What happens if you don't hit paper and your mounts came drilled wrong from the factory ? Let's say you go to the range by yourself and no one can spot where your hits are going? Boresighter properly done will put you on paper everytime. If someone depended on a boresighter to make their gun exactly on the money and ready for huntingthey are a very bigfool . It's purpose is to save ammo. I have both laser and reglular boresighter and I'll take the regular one any day of the week. I have tried the remove the bolt and look down the bore method and it only may put you on paper and probably less then a boresighter. WHat happens if you have a pump,auto ..how do you look down the bore?