HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Phil from Maine
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Phil from Maine

Hey Mite did the setter have any white on her? Yeah, these old style setters have very little feathering if it was bred out of the imports. Most of those imports have short hair compaired with the ones most are used to seeing. Two of the pups I sold about 2 1/2 years ago tipped the scales at a whopping 28 lbs. at a year old. My female is 38lbs at 5 years old and also very little feathering. If you see the guy with the setter again get him to let it smell something out of his hand. You will not believe how that nose can tip side to side while looking straight ahead. I am sorry to here that it carried a limp though. One of the problems is they will run like most dogs when young and like most will try and chase 4 wheelers and such if not corrected. Mine almost got hit by my 4 wheeler once when running. Now they run beside it though, perhaps something like that maybe what had happened.

Here is a pic of a pup I took yesterday using my sister-in-laws camera. This one I will be taking to Southern Maine on friday as well as a sister to her. See how the nose is coming out on her. Nice and long with somewhat of a block.