HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to use a Powerbelt Bullet Correctly
Old 12-15-2007, 09:33 PM
RoyalWapiti

Default RE: How to use a Powerbelt Bullet Correctly

This is an interesting post. I use my ML for hunting only, I shoot it about 5 times a year, 4 to site it in and one at a deer. I keep thinking I want to try these different bullets and maybe even powders, but since one pack of powder lasts me about 5 years, why mess with it....I'm still on my first pack of bulllets and sabots...can't switch until they are gone!!!

I meet a group of guys in SD every year for pheasant camp, we all live in surrounding states.

One guy was new to ML's this year and bought a ThunderHawk because he drew a SD late season tag. He was trying to use 140 grains powder with unknown bullets. The concensus of the whole group was for him to drop his powder to 90 grains, regardless of the brand.

We also all agreed we had the best luck with the Hornady .44's in green sabots. Funny we all ML hunt with different people in different states and we all had the same opinions.

And while we all thought a Encore would be nice, none of us had one.

We can't agree on the best pheasant gun....half shoot Berettas and half benellis.