HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - using a Nikon BDC with .308
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
wpmcdaniel

Default RE: using a Nikon BDC with .308

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Definately need to see what it is doing at any given yardage you plan on shooting.

300,400,500 yard ranges are hard to come by, but open land where you can set some targets up at varying distances may not be.

All of the companies are going to sell a lot of scopes touting this new style recticle, but we as consumers owe it to our targets to make sure we know where our bullets land when a live animal is concerned.

I'd be interested in reading what you find when you put the .308 fusion vs. BDC to the test.

That is the round (fusion .308) I want to shoot out of mynext gun and would like to know what you find when shooting it.

I know you purchased the Nikon, but if you look around the burris website they brake it down to caliber and velocity and the .308 150 falls short of their hash marks on the ballistickplex recticle when looking out towards 500 yards- but it is very close until then.
http://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles.html
Click on the first link on the right.
I shoot that exact same set up in a 165grain out of my CVA Optiman elite .308 I haven't been able to shoot at the longer ranges yet, so I will post once I am able to do so.