HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - put the triumph to the test this weekend
Old 12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
outdoorsmen
Typical Buck

Default RE: put the triumph to the test this weekend

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

What everyone is trying to say is..... You SHOULD have put another shot into her when you found out that she was still alive. If you were close enough to see her still alive, you should have put another in her. That animal suffered for an hour and a half. Absolutly a horrible, painful death for that animal. Our part as hunters is to put that animal down and kill it quickly. Your job as a hunter, that day, was to put another shot into it to kill it After finding it and seeing that it was still alive.

Let me tell you a story from last year.

I was hunting with my inline that year and a 385 grain great plains conical. I had it sighted in 2" high @ 100 yards and forgot. The bullet broke the spine and it required a follow up shot. After shooting it at a meer 20 yards the second time, i put the shot through the shoulder, But at the angle the shot was, it missed all vitals and took out the windpipe. Seeing her just laying there with her head up and her eyes full of life still, My brother used his sidearm and shot her in the head to put her out of her misery. Why let an animal suffer for a few minutes, let alone an hour and a half?
Im sure you learned now than when you find the animal still alive and active, Put another shot into it!

We've all made mistakes, This one im sure you learned from and will know what to do the next go around.
i know you're going to take hits from other members, But i forgive you and just hope you've learned from this horrible experience and will know what to do the next time around if it should happen again.
No hard feelings.
did you not read my post? i did shoot her again, through the neck. i don't understand what the heck you all are finding fault for. some may say i waited to long to look for her, yeah whatever, ok. in my defense i thought she was dead based on the aftermath of the shot. so immeditaly upon finding her still alive i shoot her in the neck. then she gets up and walk off. what the heck is wrong with that? should i have wiped out my knife and take off running after her? second time i find her she's dead. end of story. I don't want you forgiveness cause i did nothing worng. i could give 2 s**ts what some of you may think. i wasn't even posting for the statement of killing a deer. i was posting to report about the damn gun. i have no regrets about my hunt at all. i didn't make any mistakes. this is absolutly redicouls.