HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is your neighbor is being threatened
Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is your neighbor is being threatened

oldelkhunter:

You cannot act as a policeman. You would dial 911. Now if his wife ran onto your property and hid behind you for protection and he threatened your life and you were in imminent danger and you warn him and he continues you may blast him. That is the way it is to my understanding where I live.
So you would stand there with your pistol in it's holster and your cell phone in your hand and watch a woman stabbed to death right in front of you? How very neighborly of you! [:@] I bet you'd sleep really well after watching that...thinking about how you did the "right thing" be dialing 911. After all, somebody has to come take her body away.

If it was clear to me he was going to stab her, I'd draw down on him and try to warn him off her, get his attention and hope he had enough sense to drop the knife. If me made a move, I'd drop him. If I wound up in jail (which is HIGHLY doubtful, IMO), I'd sleep a little better knowing that I saved an innocent life.

Mike