HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Selling a ML
Thread: Selling a ML
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Slow Burn
Fork Horn

Default RE: Selling a ML

All guns that can be converted to a cartridge firing weapon must be registered when purchasing from a dealer; however, federal law mandates the sale of firearms. That being said there are state and local laws that may require you to go through the hassle of ensuring the rifle is registered. A true muzzle loader does not need to be registered when you purchase from a dealer, but the laws continually change. I wouldn't know how you would go about registering a gun that you sale privately and don't have an FFL. I have weapons that are not registered under my name from a FFL holder and I was concerned about the same questions when I came in the military, but I have had no problem registering them on a military installation. As I understand the whole system of registering firearms system it is pretty much a joke. Most of the registration data is hard copy and is a very difficult process to track. All FFL holders keep the copies until they either go out of business or sale out. Then the ATF takes possesion of the files. There are so many states that do not require any action on saling of a personal firearm. If you research the system you will find out the system is broke and I truly hope they leave the system just the way it is currently. Everyone is so particular when it comes to gun laws. What ever happened to honor and integrity? Everyone says that guns kill. I beg to differ. It is ultimately the person that choose's to take another persons life or comit a crime. The right to own and sale a firearm is one of the rights that the american soldiers has fought and died to preserve in our great country. It is also your right to disagree and voice your concerns. Ok, I have said enough, thanks for letting me vent a little.I wish ya'll a Merry Christmas or just a Happy Holidays.

Always do what is right even when no one is watching.