HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - homeprotection
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 11:31 AM
skin290

Default RE: homeprotection

ORIGINAL: Simp

ORIGINAL: skin290
You might want to check and see what the law supports as "imminent danger" -- I have always heard within 21 feet is considered such, but it would surely make a difference whether you did it in TX compared to IL, so it may vary in your state...

Good to see you are getting a CCW, I will probably never be able to do such in the communist state of IL...
You can't measure "immenent danger" in feet. Whether a person pulls a knife from 10 feet away or a person pulls a rifle fromthe other side of your yard, you're still going to feel that your life is being threatened. And there's no jury in the country that can say that your life wasn't threatened, if indeed it was.
Very good point, I think the terms under what I was describing was whether you could shoot a guy that was threatening you with a knife or anything that is NOT a gun or projectile launcher...obviously, if he was across the yard (assuming yard is 100 feet or so), and he just presents a knife in a threatening manner, a jury may not do so well on you. Imagine if your jury was made up of people that are trying to get the guy in TX that shot those 2 robbers! that is one thing scary about jury trials...