HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's your dog?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Super G Force
Fork Horn

Default RE: What's your dog?

Everybody has there opinion.. Most of them are of the dog they currently own.. I am the same way. I love my brittany and wouldn't trade it for anything. I have also owned an english pointer, stuborn but excellent hunter, didn't think I would want anything else after he was gone but I did change breeds again. We have owned and hunted3 brittany spaniels, 1 german shorthair, 1 english pointer and 2 labs. It all comes down to how each individual dog works. 2 out of 3 brittanys were excellent hunters and companions. The other britt was just an ok dog. German shorthair (worse dog we have ever owned), english pointer ( excellent hunter, poor companion), Chocolate lab (excellent companion, ok hunter). I don't know that it is always in the breed from what I have seen. Some dogs of the same breed are good for different things. We owned a Great dane for the last 3 years. He was just supposed to be a companion. Out of 8 pups in the litter he ended up being aggresive to people other than my wife and I. He was the best companion that I have ever owned but ended up having to put him down due to his aggression and biting of other people. All of his brothers and sisters are excellent show dogs with no aggresion. All dogs are different and I guess what it comes down to is you own personal experience and opinion, but either way I couldn't see life without a dog around...