HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Crossbow Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Hotburn76

Default RE: Newbie Crossbow Questions

I have never heard of the Max Impact. Sometimes I think Horton changes the names of there CB's just to give the guy in the print department something to do. But The D-A-R is a pain for most. Just like the scope it never seems to be right on at the farther ranges. There must be somebody very high up that came up with the D-A-R because there sure does not seem to be the feed back on it to support it. As far as the scope you are at the same point me and alot of guys have been at with it. Horton says that it is for a average CB and average arrow weight, but I have yet to find a guy that says his 30, 40 and 50 are all right on. I used my Horton Multi Range for one year and then switched to the Excal scopes, they are the best scope sold by CB makers IMO. On both my Varizone and Lumizone it is dead nuts on from 10 to fifty yards. I set the D-A-R on my super max to "0", when I used to have it on two, would think sometimes it needed to be one, LOL, paranoid memory in the field I guess. I plan on Making my D-A-R none adjustable as soon as season is over.