HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs
Old 12-04-2007, 12:12 PM
foxfire66
Fork Horn

Default RE: A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs

The antler restrictions are working great! I now see so many bucks with age and size. I live in Beaver County and around here i still see a ton of doe as well as all the good bucks i have been talking about. BUT i do have a camp in WMU 2F (in Forest county) and though i am seing bigger bucks there now when we do even see deer. but we sat all day for 3 days the last 2 years and only seen about 10 deer both years combined. I think up there they have to cut back a little bit on the doe hunting up there. Now i understand that some people complain about how "they used to see 50 or 60 deer in one herd at a time and now the killed all the deer, have to quit hunting doe all together for a few years now and its all for insurance money bla bla bla" but those are them same people that dont understand that seing 49 doe and a spike all the time is not good. there were way to many doe and the bucks were not maturing to breed. Though now it seems they may have taken to many doe up there. I dont think they should stop doe hunting up there all together but they have to change something.