HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My son wants a crossbow for Christmas and I need some help!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Hotburn76

Default RE: My son wants a crossbow for Christmas and I need some help!

Excal Is a fine brand. I have the Vortex, which is the same as the Exocet, just with a thumb hole stock, I love mine and it would make a fine CB for your son. Recurve is a bit wider, but I like freedom from a shop and not needing a press to do my own work. The top end Horton's are fine andSome guys on here seem to be pretty happy with Parker also. Not going to whip on B-Net, but they have had a pretty unstable company this last year so that would make me want to stay away from them. But I like my Excal alot and alot of guys on here like them to. As far as B-Heads go, well if you have been shooting regular bows for a while that is aquestion only your or his bow can answer. Some shoot them just fine and others do not, that isjust plain B-Head tuning. They may work, you will just have to try and see. A lot of guys also like the slick tricks out of the Excal's. Good luck and keep usup on what you do for him.