HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who still hunts?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 06:39 AM
barrabas74

Default RE: Who still hunts?

i still hunt alot, my secrets? i take my time, I am very very in tune with my own movements and try to move slowly. sometimes I might go 100yrds in an hr(depending on where and how I am hunting). I play the wind, I use creek beds or streams to hide noise I might make if they are on my route(plus bucks seem to be around them). I love the day after rainstorms and sometimes during light rain...snow of course is great too as usually the woods are quiter and easier to move quitley through. I use binoculars often to scan ahead.

My big thing is being consiece of whats moving while your moving, I catch myself swinging thingsor moving things when I move that I didnt notice because I am devoting so much attention to scanning in front of me. Another thing I do is plot a course through the woods in my head and look for good passages and what not to be quite and to be near tree's in case I do need to make a shot it offers cover and maybe a rest.

These are just the things I do, some may not agree but so far I have done well with em.