HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Omega scores twice this week! Ok. once more!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Sewerdude
Spike

Default Omega scores twice this week! Ok. once more!

Shot a nice doe last Sunday with my TC Omega with 2 pry pellets, TC Mag Express (XTP) 300 grsabots. Shot the doe at 40 yards through both lungs, she bucked ,ran about 80 yards in a semi circle out in the field and fell. Got down out of the tree, the blood was great with the snow on the ground. about a 5 ft wide spray to where she layed. Got complete pass through. She dressed at 132lbs, good eatin!
Went out this morning ,though maybe the ywould be moving with the winter storm coming here in the Mid West. About 730 am, here come a doe with 2 bucks right behind her. I thought ,whichwever buck steps in the woods first is going to go in the freezer. Well, this guy stepped in first, didnt have a real clear shot, but thought I could make it, its real thick in the woods I hunt. Took the shot,face full of smoke. I see the doe and one buck high tailin it out of there. Smoke clears in the direction of the buck I shot. Never saw him run, though, oh no I missed and headed the other way and didnt see him leave becuase of the smoke.
I got down out of the tree ,walked over to where I last saw him. There he was , down! Never took a step. I hit him alittle higher than I though, but he dropped on the spot. Still got a complete pass through.The TC Mag Express 300 gr did its job. He's a 9 point dressed out 162 lb. I'll be eatin good this year!