HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I've narrowed it down to 2 rifles- Savage Vs. Remington sorta
Old 11-29-2007, 10:49 AM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've narrowed it down to 2 rifles- Savage Vs. Remington sorta

FC- deer & pigs. Only bench shooting would be between seasons to know where the bullets land at varying distances. Only 3" groups[], man I would be ticked with that. I hope whichever I choose will perform better than that.
Yes the Remington SPS has a hole in its line-up- stainless with a drop magazine, you can get one or the other, but not both.

Sevenmag- The ADL I listed as a gun I already own is pre -04.
I'm going to "what if" the second the gun I purchase doesn't perform as desired. heck, I might end up with both before this is overwith.

For Clarification- the Savage has a 22" barrel in the .270 (while remington uses a 24" in like models)
The remington Varmint in question uses a 26" bull barrel and comes in at 8.5#- but it felt like it balnced well (unlike the savage varminter which felt HEAVY as heck even though it list at 8.75#)

Mr. Longbeard- I haven't considered the Browning,yet, mostly due to price- where are they made anyways?

BTW, overall weight of the gun is not much of a concern since where I hunt doesn't allow walk around hunting. You pretty much climb in your stand and have to stay there.